- Read books that are in your personal library and obtained before January 1, 2017.
- Responsibly obtain books for your personal library.
- You may wish to abstain from purchasing books or set a book budget for yourself.
- You decide the best way to get control of your TBR pile and read the books you already own.
- Library books (and textbooks) do not count for the challenge. You may use your library to obtain different formats of books you already own and count those towards your goal.
Goals for the Shelf Love Challenge 2017
- 1-10 books: shake hands with your shelves
- 11-20 books: pat your shelves on the back
- 21-30 books: give your shelves a warm friendly hug
- 31-40 books: regular date night with your shelves
- 41-50 books: my shelves are now my BFF
- 51+ books: my shelves and I are going steady
Shelf Love Discussions
- December 2016/January 2017: I’m joining in the #ShelfLove Challenge! Tell us your goals for the challenge this year. Will you be going on an all out book buying ban or are you setting a budget? Share pictures of your TBR piles or link up to your GoodReads Shelves. See above!
- March/April 2017: Top books that have been on your shelf the longest that you haven’t read
- June/July 2017: Mid-year check in post. How are you doing with the challenge? Look back at your January post and let us know how you are doing. Share an updated picture or list of your TBR pile.
- September/October 2017: Top Books/Genres You are Addicted To
- December 2017/January 2018: End of the Year Check in Post. Look back at your June and January posts and let us know how you did this year. Share an updated picture or list of your TBR pile. Would you do the challenge again in 2018?